Tour groups are per order — as specified by the client
Tour price without transfer from Chivay to Puno: 35 USD per person
Tour price with transfer from Chivay to Puno: 95 USD per person
Cruz del Condor, Chivay, Colca Canyon.
This trip is for people who:
Colca Valley is a beautiful place, but it is important to remember that is 3400-3600 meters above sea level. What comes with this height of elevation? The nights and early mornings are quite cold. You need to prepare for trips in this region.
1. Small backpack for 2 or 3 days
2. Comfortable trousers (preferably trekking ones), fast drying
3. Long and short sleeve t-shirts – because of the strong sun it is better to have long sleeve
4. Warm sweater, best with a hood
5. Jacket (for example a softshell) for cold evenings and nights or a light down jacket
6. Night clothes – thermal layers are best
7. Hat to save your head, ears, and neck from the sun
8. Cap, gloves, and scarf
9. Swim suit
10. Rain jacket
11. Sun block with high UV protector
12. Microfiber towel
14. Comfortable shoes for trekking – the best are the ones with a stabilizing ankle
15. Snacks – for rest and recooperation
16. Sunglasses – for the high mountains
17. Headlight + set of batteries
19. Personal items
You will be collected from the hotel/hostel around 2:30 – 3:00 am and will be transferred to Chivay in Colca Canyon (driving time around 3.5 hrs). Here we will have a break for breakfast and afterwards will go to Cruz del Condor viewpoint (driving time around 1.5 hour).
You will have free time at the viewing point which will allow you not only look at the condors, but also the beautiful canyon.
After the viewing point we will backtrack toward Chivay, stopping at few interesting places.
First we’ll stop at Pinchollo (Mirador de Wayrapunko) from where you can see the beautiful landscape of the whole Colca Valley. Second place we’ll visit is the Antahuilque viewpoint where you will be able to see many terraces that look like an amphitheater.
Next stop will be in a traditional village of Colca Canyon – Maca. At the end we will have 45 minutes break in the hot springs located close to Yanque in the thermal baths of Chacapi. We will come back to Chivay around 12:00 – 12:30 pm.
People that are planning a further trip to Titicaca Lake will join our group service bus to Puno. This transportation option includes other stops at different viewpoints.
The rest of the group will continue to Arequipa where estimated arrival time is planned for 6:00 – 7:00 pm.
Maximum elevation: 4950 m. above sea level
If you need fast, proven solutions, and you want to see multiple attractions in one day. One of the deepest canyons in the world, Lake Titicaca, and much more, this is a trip for you. If you have at least 2 days available, check out our package Colca Canyon and Colca Valley folklore with Coparaque where you can dive into local folklore.
Puno region has many great attractions to offer. Check our offer Titicaca Lake in Peru and its treasures. We are sure you will fell in love with that part of Peru.