Peru is a great place to do shopping. You can find here a lot of very interesting and unique goods, which are probably not available in your country. A lot of them are very good quality and what is more important, they are quite cheap. You can purchase them on one of the markets like San Pedro market in Cusco, on the market in Pisac, Ollantaytambo or on Sunday market in Chinchero. But of course if you will buy a lot of things it will be hard to transport all of them to home. If you are planning to do bigger shopping in Peru, you can send your purchases to other country with peruvian serpost company.
It can be much cheaper to send your things by mail rather than paying extra fees at the airport, especially if your new things are heavy and you are in the middle of your trip, planning to travel some more time. In that case instead of traveling to the other places with extra suitcase or rucksack, you can simply send them to your home.
How much does it cost to send goods from Peru to other country?
The cheapest way to send goods from Peru to other countries will be via serpost – public peruvian service. Among others Serpost has in its offer services addressed to people who wish to distribute gifts internationally. There are some rules you need to know before sending the package, like for example:
- the weight of each package may not be less than 2 kilos and more than 31 kilos
- the maximum length dimension of either side of the package must not exceed 1.50 meters
- estimated delivery time is up to 30 days
The packages can be sent to 190 countries. The prices of each package depends on the weight and the distance between the sender and the recipient. The details about that you can easily check on the website of serpost. There is a special, very useful calculator which will show you all the costs. When you will open calculator, you need to choose the country to which you would like to send goods, the service you would like to use and the weight. After that you will get all information about the prices of delivery.
To give you an idea how much you will have to pay for weighing 5 or 10 kilos packages ( service economic, traditional), I prepared some examples:
- Peru – Germany: 239.50 soles – 5 kilos and 392.50 soles – 10 kilos
- Peru – France: 239.50 soles – 5 kilos and 392.50 soles – 10 kilos
- Peru – USA: 193.50 soles – 5 kilos and 330.00 soles – 10 kilos
- Peru – Poland: 239.50 soles- 5 kilos and 392.50 soles – 10 kilos
- Peru – Australia: 264.00 soles – 5 kilos and 476.00 soles -10 kilos
If you want to send something from Cusco, you will find Serpost company on Av El Sol street.